About Jewelry Designer Erica Bapst | Owner of Adorn Jewelry and Accessories
'I am driven by my passion for the jewelry making process, and the individual’s search for self-expression. Often my inspiration will start with a glimpse of nature in its infinite beauty, or perhaps the whisperings of those around me and their aesthetic desires. These points of light serve as springboards for my creativity, but ultimately it is the materials and process that are often the force behind the finished piece. Just as in life travels, I love the unexpected journey of getting lost in a process and seeing where it takes me. Very often I set out to create a design; only to be further inspired by the way the light plays off a hammer mark, the curvature of a hand bent wire, or simply how the metal feels in my hands as I am forming it. From there a myriad of thoughts often explode. Rarely are there enough hours in the day to explore them all.
In seeking this unconventional beauty, my wish is to unveil a certain self expression and celebration of life, both for myself and for the wearer. The intrinsic value of each piece grows as it marks a gift from a loved one, a special moment in time, or even simply by lifting the spirits and confidence of the wearer. I hope to evoke a sense of joy, and love with every piece I make.”
Erica works with a wide variety of materials including sterling silver, 14k gold filled, brass, copper, semiprecious stones, freshwater pearls, Czech glass, Austrian crystal elements and more. She creates jewelry for every day wear, as well as special occasions such as bridal and prom.
Erica Bapst received her AAS in graphic Design from Finger Lakes Community College in 1998 and her BFA in Metalsmithing from Syracuse University in 2001. She opened her boutique "Adorn" in 2004 in her hometown of Canandaigua, NY where she lives with her husband and daughter.
She focuses on unique, high-quality handmade jewelry designs and has presented them in a creative boutique experience from 2004-2018 and now online and around the area at art shows and pop-up shops.
- November 2013. ATHENA Young Professional Leadership award.
- May 2012 FLCC "Outstanding Alumni Art Achievement" award.
- February 2012. "Woman of Distinction" award in the Entrepreneurship category, by the Professional Women of the Finger Lakes.
- 2018 Thompson Guild Springtime in Canandaigua: Jewelry Category Winner
- 2019 Canandaigua Art and Music Fest: Jewelry Category Winner
- 2019 Canandaigua Christkindl Market: Jewelry Category Winner
- 2021 Canandaigua Art and Music Fest: Display Category Winner
- 2022 Canandaigua Christkindl Market: Display Category Winner